We administer the background referencing process for our clients
- We customize and immediately mail to your applicant the following
- Applicant questionnaire, on which
the applicant signs an authorization/release, and is asked
to answer 15 questions concerning various forms of misconduct.
Please note that the information shown in brackets is customized
for each client according to the parameters of their request.
- Identification form, on which the applicant
provides us with a list of their schools, employers, organizations
and religious supervisors according to the parameters of your
request. The applicant also certifies the accuracy of the
- Authorization to Release Credit and/or Motor Vehicles
- Authorization to Conduct Criminal Records Check
- When we receive the properly completed forms from the applicant,
we will immediately:
- Send you a copy of the completed applicant questionnaire.
This is an important document that should be made part of
your permanent employment records. This also alerts you that
the next phase of the background investigation has begun.
- Prepare and send via first class mail a Reference
Questionnaire to each reference identified by the
applicant asking them to answer the same questions posed to
the applicant. A copy of the applicant's signed authorization/
release and a postage-paid return envelope is also provided
to each reference. Note: This questionnaire is signed by us
on behalf of your Primary Church Contact person.
- Perform any optional services you have elected (e.g., criminal
history, credit bureau or motor vehicle records check).
- If any of the applicant's references fail to respond to our
first written inquiry within approximately three weeks, a reference
questionnaire marked Second Request will be prepared
and mailed to them via certified mail. This questionnaire is also
signed by us on behalf of your Primary Church Contact person.
A letter is also sent to the applicant to make them aware of these
non responding entities, and the applicant is asked to facilitate
the process by contacting those entities and encouraging them
ACTION: Any reference questionnaires we receive from either the
applicant or their references that contain any Yes
answers or comments (whether favorable or unfavorable), will be
forwarded by first class mail to your Primary Church Contact person.
When this process is complete, a Final Report is
prepared that summarizes the findings of the entire background
|Many believe that any sound risk
management strategy should start with a thorough background investigation
of clergy and other church workers before they are hired.